Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fishing The Little Red





There are just a few things that would get me up early on a Saturday morning. One of those is the opportunity to fish. Now I have been fishing a lot of years, but recently for my 40th birthday (don't laugh), I got a whole flyfishing outfit...Waders, Vest, Flyrod, flies, net...I mean I am set up!

Well, as a lot of you Arkansans know, we have had a lot of rain this year. That does not make for good flyfishing. We tried to go in May, but I was having to stand in water up to my chest. Not good, especially for a first time flyfisher. Today we got up early and headed up to the Little Red River, near Heber Springs. The dam had not been generating for a few days and it gave us a great morning to fish. Let me tell you, I love flyfishing! I have always admired it and appreciated the skill it takes to do it. It wasn't a great lot of fish I caught, but I did catch 2 and that was very thrilling for me. At 7:00 this morning, it was already 85, but when you are in a river that maintains 58 degrees, all you feel is cool. It was a beautiful morning with gentle rolls of fog coming through all morning. I took a few shots, and a few shots were taken of me (very rare). Explore the Little Red, with all its beauty and loads of fun!

No comments: